Quick and easy Healthy Dinner Recipes for the whole family
Cauliflower and Carrot Rice with Mushrooms Served with Pan fried Mackerel
- 2 fillets of Mackerel.
- Small Cauliflower 1/4
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 a cup of woodland mushrooms
- 1 small Onion
- Black pepper to season
- 1 sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- 2-3 sprig of Fresh Oregano
- Pinch of Cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- salt to taste
- Season the mackerel with some fresh or dried mix herbs, salt and black pepper. Put the olive oil in a pan till hot.
- Add the fillets, skin first until crispy. Turn on the other side and cook for few minutes. Remove from the pan and put it on one side to rest.
- Roughly cut the the cauliflower, carrots, onion and the garlic in a food processor or the Zyliss food processor. Blitz until its of rice texture.
- In the same pan add the vegetable mixture and the cumin seeds. Stir the mixture together for a few minutes. Add the herbs, mushrooms and chilli flakes. keep stirring till the vegetables and the mushrooms are cooked.
- Add salt to season. Dish the vegetables and place the fish on top. Garnish with Lemon
This serves two people. Depending on your size if the your family you can modify this recipe.
Courgette Ribbons In Tomato Sauce with Smoked Haddock and Sweet Potatoes Mash
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Onion
- 4 Medium size tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 10 leaves of basil
- handful of parsley
- 2 Smoked Haddock fillets ( cut into cubes with the skin off). I use frozen fish.
- 3 Small Sweet Potatoes
- Pinch of Chilli flakes ( optional)
- Salt to taste
Cut the onions into halves, put the other half aside and roughly cut the other half into a food processor, add the tomatoes, basil, parsley and the garlic. Roughly blend.
Using a sharp peeler, make ribbons of courgette.
Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into cubes. Boil until soft.
In a hot pan, add two tablespoon of olive oil. Thinly slice the other half of the onion and add to the oil and stir for a minute
Add the tomato mixture and stir for 3 minutes, then add the thinly sliced red pepper and the Haddock at the same time. Making sure the fish is in the sauce. Add salt to taste
Turn the heat right down and add the courgette. Stir gently to avoid breaking the fish. Leave to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
Now the sweet potato mash: Add some more garlic and dried mixed herbs to the cooked potatoes and mash together until smooth.
Serve hot. Yummy Enjoy x
Parsnips and Carrots Spaghetti with Pak Choi and Prawns
Here is another quick and easy healthy dinner recipes the whole family will enjoy. This is fun to make with your kids.
- 2 medium size parsnips
- 1 big carrots
- 2 large pak choi
- 2/3 cup full of cherry tomatoes
- 1 inch of fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 medium size shallot
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 2 sprig of fresh thyme
- pinch of chilli flakes( optional)
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin oil or rape seed oil
- 1 packet of cooked /fresh prawns
Cut the Pak choi leaves and stock into small slices and set aside. Discard the root.
Using a vegetable spiralizer, make “spaghetti”from the carrots and parsnips.
Put the cherry tomatoes, shallots, ginger, garlic, the the fresh herbs in a food processor or blender. Blend until lightly smooth.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the mixtures from the food processor. Keep stirring gently for about 5 minutes. Add a little water if it is drying out. Cover to cook for another 2 minutes. Turn the heat right down and add the parsnips and the carrots. Add the chilli flakes and salt to taste. Cover and allow to cook for 3-5 minutes. Add the pak choi. Give it a quick stir, cover and allow to cook a minute or two. Add 4 freshly cut cherry tomatoes for texture.
Now add the prawns. If you are using fresh prawns, as soon as the prawns turn pale, turn off the heat as this will carry on cooking. When using cooked prawns, add last to the dish and turn off the heat.
Whole Sea bass with Sauté Fennel and apple
- 1 Medium size prepared sea bass
- 1 lemon
- 1/2 large fennel
- 1 small apple
- I small onion
- 1 tsp Mixed dried herbs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil
- black pepper to season
- salt to taste.
- pinch of Chilli flakes
Using this herb marinade, score the fish and rub the marinade all over the fish and any other opening. season with salt and chilli flakes. Leave to for 5 minutes. Cut two slices of lemon and lay it on top of the fish. Wrap the fish in a baking paper and seal. Do not add any oil as there is sufficient oil from the marinade. Put the fish in the oven for 20-25 minutes at gas mark 180 -200 degrees
Roughly chop the fennel, onoin, garlic, and the apple into a food processor.
Blend to get a “rice” texture. Do not blend until smooth.
Heat the oil in a pan, add everything from the food processor and stir 3 -5 minutes. Add the mixed herbs, squeeze half a lemon juice into the mixture and keep stirring. add salt and pepper to taste. keep stirring until the fennel is slightly soft but not marshy.
Salmon with herb sauce and Vegetables.
The herb sauce
- 30-50g of fresh Mint leaves
- 2 small shallot
- 1 lemon. Use the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tin of anchovies. Use all the anchovies without the oil.
- 4-6 pieces of sundries tomatoes.
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil.
Blend everything together in a food processor. If too thick for your liking, add a bit of water.
- 1 medium size leeks
- 2 medium size pak choi
- 1 small cauliflower
- 4 spring onion
- 1 tomatoes for garnish
Cut the vegetables into small chunks. Add 2 full tbsp of the herb sauce and toss through the vegetable before cooking. Add salt and pepper.
250-300g of Salmon. You could also use any firm white fish. Pout, haddock or hake. I use this herb sauce seasoning for my Pouting fillet. It was very good.
Season the fish with a pinch of chilli flakes, salt and black pepper and a good helping of the mint sauce. 2 tbsp will be great.
Add coconut oil to a pan under low heat. Put the seasoned fish with the mint sauce in the pan and cover to cook for 5-10 minutes. Turning occasionally to make sure it has cooked through. When cooked remove from the heat and add all the vegetables into the same pan. Cook for another 5-7 minutes under low heat. Stirring when necessary to prevent them from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Just before you take the vegetables off the heat add the pak choi as they do not need a lot of heat to cook. Do not over cook the vegetables. I like them crunchy. When slightly soft remove from the heat. Now serve and garnish with tomatoes. This recipe is quick, easy healthy and full of flavour.